Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ask God to Fill


"For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding."

Colossians 1:9

Heavenly Father, You are the source of all wisdom.  Complete what’s missing in my heart and mind.  Fill me with spiritual insight and understanding.  I do a decent job of grasping the physical, and even the intellectual world.  However my limited vision fails utterly to penetrate spiritual depths.   So I depend on You to give me your perfect outlook and knowledge of how to act upon that view.  

Sometimes, falling back on you seems like a last-ditch plan that I only choose when all else fails and I'm desperate.  But, for goodness' sake!  Whom else would I rather depend on in any area of life than you?  There is no place more safe and secure. I'm asking for you to fill me up with spiritual wisdom and understanding because they are the prerequisites to knowing your will and I'm content to rely on you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment