Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hold Fast to Him


It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and
hold fast to him.

Deuteronomy 13:4 


Father, I love the commands in this scripture:  follow, revere, keep, obey, hold fast. When I do them, I cannot help but be focused on You.  However, I confess that, often, You are not my priority.   I am.  My agenda, my comfort, my success, my fears, my stress.   I forget to follow, revere, keep, obey, and hold fast to You. Instead I  find myself frantically running in circles, trying to keep too many plates spinning at once.  


Then your Holy Spirit reminds me that you’ve given me twenty-four hours in the day, just like everyone else.  When I follow you, I  accomplish the tasks and maintain the relationships You put in my path during that time.  I grow harried only when I stop holding fast to you and begin drifting away.  Lord Jesus,  I don’t want to follow anyone but You.  Anyone and anything else is a step down.  Help me cling tightly to You as I walk through each day that You graciously supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment