Thursday, August 25, 2011

Become Less


 "He must become greater; I must become less."
 John 3:30

Holy Spirit, make me humble like John the Baptist so that I gladly deflect attention away from myself and toward You.   I've experienced glimpses of the joy of bringing acclaim to you rather than soaking in all the praise myself...  I want to delight in your presence and in the working out of your plan in my life and in the world around me. My tendency is toward self-aggrandizement.  But I am determined, with the help of your mighty power, to point others you, rather than toward me and my accomplishments.   





1 comment:

  1. I'm a friend of Amber's and she put your blog on her facebook, and I'm so glad she did because frankly both of your posts are exactly what I needed to see/pray. Thank you so much, and thanks to God for his awesome timing.
    -Maryann

    ReplyDelete