Thursday, August 25, 2011

Save the Lost

"The Son of Man came to save what was lost."

(Matt 18:11)

Jesus, you are the Good Shepherd. You so value all of your sheep. Nothing derails you from your purpose to seek and save the lost. Forgive me for not assigning worth to people the way that you do. Often, I ascribe more importance to my own comfort. I don’t feel like going to the trouble of seeking the lost. I justify my hard heart and my ungenerous attitude by complaining about my busy schedule - and besides my pagan friends don’t even want to hear Jesus, do they? I’m too tired to make Your priorities mine. Forgive me, Lord. Motivate me. Give me a sense of urgency and fill me with your overwhelming love for folks who don’t know You.

Lord, you love the lost. You love in spite of hostility, ignorance, poverty, and foolishness. You love regardless of crimes, addictions, and utter selfishness. You aren’t put off. You don’t lose patience. You suffer long with sinners, continually acting in love though no return is in sight, because it’s your nature to do so. Your kindness brings about repentance so you persevere even when you receive indifference, anger, and independence from unbelievers. Lord, your patience and humility are beyond me, but I want to be like you. You saved me when I was lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment